21. Level 4 - Safeguarding Adults and Children - 27th & 28th November 2024
- Be able to contribute to the development and updating of robust safeguarding policies and procedures within their organisation.
- Have a greater understanding of the safeguarding lead role and responsibilities within their organisation, with other stakeholders and for working in partnership with statutory agencies.
- Have a good working knowledge of the current legislation, and statutory guidance, which guides safeguarding practice.
- Know how to escalate safeguarding concerns, internally and externally, both promptly and professionally
- Have confidence to work directly with statutory professionals where there are new or ongoing safeguarding concerns and to challenge views offered by others. There will also be an expectation that you will be more able to support colleagues to do the same.
- Have understood the importance of learning from internal cases and from relevant serious case reviews/ safeguarding adult reviews and be able to carry across that learning into their own practice and disseminate this across the organisation.
- Have more in-depth knowledge of some of the more complex and/ or growing areas of concern for our particular client group – 3 of the following topics will be included - neglect, on line harm, self-neglect and domestic abuse.
- Understand the links between a quality service and a safe workplace for all parties and be able to communicate and promote this across the organisation.
- Be able to contribute to safe recruitment practice, management of staff and employment endings (where safeguarding matters have arisen) within the organisation .
- To understand the requirements and levels of safeguarding training needed across the organisation, ensure its provision and be able to evaluate that training.
- Be able to implement safeguarding auditing systems and consider their effectiveness across the organisation, address any concerns and report this to senior management.
- Recognise the importance of good self-care and the need for ongoing safeguarding supervision and the need to provide support to all others involved in safeguarding matters in the workplace.
Meet the presenter
Linda Sayers is the founder of Sayers Social Care Consultancy. Linda has extensive practitioner and senior managerial experience in local authorities, education and in the charitable and private sector. Linda is a qualified registered Social Worker, with additional formal qualifications in Learning and Development and post graduate HR Management. She is a Chartered Fellow of the CIPD.
Paypal or BACS transfer payments accepted only. Please enter your name and/or invoice number as reference.
Delegate passes are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
The member rate applies to those with a paid annual membership only and not those with a pending or lapsed membership.
If you have any questions or queries please email us email@example.com or call 01329 446959.
Wednesday 27th November 2024 10:00 am - Thursday 28th November 2024 4:00 pm
12 places available
Non Member Booking
||Non Member Price
Safeguarding Adults and Children Level 4 - 27th & 28th November 2024
This 2 day workshop is predominantly aimed at those working in Case Management, Rehabilitation and Specialist Care agencies who work with clients with ABI/ Spinal Injuries.